Sun Zhaoxia, female, born in Datong city, Shanxi Province, PhD, professor, doctoral supervisor, member of Shanxi Provincial Key Laboratory of Germplasm Innovation and Molecular Breeding of Coarse Grains, youth Teaching committee member of National Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, expert of Shanxi Province Minor Crop Varieties Identification.
Academic Education & Work Career
Doctor, Crop the direction of Cultivation and Farming system , Shanxi Agricultural University
Master, the direction of Botany, Shanxi Agricultural University
Bachelor, Major in agricultural education, College of Agriculture, Shanxi Agricultural University
2021.01 to date
Professor, College of Agriculture, Shanxi Agricultural University
2015.10 to 2016.10
Visiting Scholar, Cornell University, USA
2014.12 to 2020.12
Associate Professor, College of Agriculture, Shanxi Agricultural University
2009.12 to 2014.11
Lecturer, College of Agriculture, Shanxi Agricultural University
2004.06 to 2009.11
Teaching assistant, College of Agriculture, Shanxi Agricultural University
Main Research directions
1. Study on metabolism and Regulation mechanism of Rutin in Tartary buckwheat
2. Development and Utilization of Excellent Germplasm Resources in Tartary buckwheat
3. Multi-omics combined analysis revealed the cause of quality traits in Tartary buckwheat
Overview of Teaching and Research
Undertake undergraduate courses such as plant genomics and molecular biology.
The main research contents include :(1) genetic diversity evaluation and genome-wide association analysis of germplasm resources; (2) Studies on EMS mutagenesis breeding of Tartary buckwheat, and a number of mutant lines with superior traits such as shrapk, dwarf, high and low rutin were screened out. (3) Construction of quality trait regulation network of Tartary buckwheat based on transcriptome, metabolome and phenoome was conducted and participated in 4 national projects and 5 provincial and ministerial projects. Published more than 30 papers, including 10 SCI papers; Shanxi Provincial Science and Technology Award for Outstanding Achievements of Colleges and Universities (Natural Science), first prize (ranked third).
Teaching and Research Projects
1. Cloning and molecular mechanism of ch2 crack-hull mutant from Tartary buckwheat , National Natural Science Foundation of China (General Project), Preside over.
2. Ecological breeding - mechanism analysis and innovative utilization of rutin synthesis of quality traits of Tartary buckwheat, National key research and development program，Preside over.
3. Study on the molecular mechanism of Tartary buckwheat OR Gene regulating carotenoid synthesis, Study abroad Fund project of Shanxi Province, Preside over.
4. Study on quality traits of Tartary buckwheat based on transcriptome - metabolome - phenotype, The national government guides local finance project, Preside over.
5. Molecular mechanism of gibberellin signal transduction regulating plant height of Tartary buckwheat, Scholarship Fund of Shanxi Province, Preside over.
6. Screening of Tartary buckwheat mutants (National Swallows buckwheat industrial System), horizontal project, Preside over.
7. Molecular mechanism of Salicylic acid mediated by Tartary buckwheat MYB30 regulating rutin biosynthesis, Applied basic Research Project of Shanxi Province, Preside over.
8. Cloning of Dwarf Gene Si SD1 in Millet and its Regulation of Plant height Morphogenesis, National Natural Science Foundation of China, participation.
9. Functional analysis of R2R3 MYB SG7 transcription factors in Tartary buckwheat, National Natural Science Foundation of China (Youth), Preside over.
1. Corresponding author. Genome-Wide Development of Polymorphic Microsatellite Markers and Association Analysis of Major Agronomic Traits in Core Germplasm Resources of Tartary Buckwheat, Frontier in Plant Science, 2022, 13:819008.（SCI）
2. Corresponding author. Elucidation of the regulatory network of flavonoid biosynthesis by profiling the metabolome and transcriptome in tartary buckwheat, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2021, 69: 25.（SCI）
3. First Author. Comparative transcriptomic analysis reveals the regulatory mechanism of the gibberellic acid pathway of Tartary buckwheat (Fagopyrum tataricum (L.) Gaertn.) dwarf mutants, BMC Plant Biology, 2021, 21: 206.（SCI）
4. Corresponding author. Genome-Wide Identification of WOX Family and Expression Analysis of Callus Induction Rate in Tartary Buckwheat, Scientia Agricultura Sinica，2021, 54(17): 3573-3586.
5. Corresponding author. Identification of ARF Gene Family and Expression Pattern Induced by Auxin in Fagopyrum tataricum, Scientia Agricultura Sinica，2020，53(23): 4738-4749.
6. Corresponding author. Development of SSR markers based on full-length transcriptome sequencing and its application for genetic diversity analysis in Fagopyrum tataricum, Plant Physiology Journal，2020, 7: 1432-1444.（SCI）
7. Corresponding author. Assessment of genetic diversity in Ziziphus jujube Mill. Cultivars derived from northern China using inter simple sequence repeat markers, Crop Science, 2020, 60: 320–329.（SCI）
8. First Author. Tartary Buckwheat FtMYB31 Gene Encoding an R2R3-MYB Transcription Factor Enhances Flavonoid Accumulation in Tobacco, Journal of Plant Growth Regulation, 2020, 39: 564-574.（SCI）
9. Co-first author. Ectopic expression of ORANGE promotes carotenoid accumulation and fruit development in tomato. Plant Biotechnology Journal, 2019, 17(1): 33-49.（SCI）
10. First Author. Ectopic expression of Gmzat4, a putative C2H2-type zinc finger protein, enhances PEG and NaCl stress tolerances in Arabidopsis thaliana, 3 Biotech, 2019, 9(5): 166.（SCI）
11. Co-first author. Transcriptomic analysis, genic-SSR development and genetic diversity of proso millet (Panicum miliaceum; Poaceae), Applications in Plant Science, 2017, 5 (7): 1600137.（SCI）
12. First Author. Exogenous application of salicylic acid enhanced the rutin accumulation and influenced the expression patterns of rutin biosynthesis related genes in Fagopyrum tartaricum Gaertn leaves, Plant Growth Regulation, 2012, 68(1): 9-15.（SCI）
13. First Author. EMS-assisted Mutagenesis of Tartary Buckwheat and Expression Analysis of Rutin Biosynthesis Genes in Selected Mutants, Journal of Plant Genetic Resources，2020，21(2): 402-408.
14. First Author. Correlation Analysis on Rutin Accumulation and Gene Expression of Rutin Synthetic Enzymes and MYBs in the Whole Developmental Stage of Fagopyrum tataricum, Scientia Agricultura Sinica，2017，50(18): 3473-3481.
15. First Author. Genetic Variation among Thirty Ziziphus jujuba Mill. Cultivars as Revealed by ISSR Marker Assays, Plant Physiology Journal，2011，47(3): 275-280.
16. First Author. Effect of Exogenous L-Phentermine and UV-C on the Accumulation of Rutin Compounds and the Expression of Rutin Biosynthesis Genes in Fagopyrum tartaricum, Scientia Agricultura Sinica，2011，44(23): 4772-4780.
17. First Author. Analysis of Differential Gene Expression Induced in Pear Fruit Callus by Monilinia fructicola Infection Using cDNA-SRAP, Plant Physiology Journallant Physiology Journal, 2012，02: 166-172, 2012.
Monographs and textbooks
1. Biotechnology and heterosis of cotton，China Agriculture Press，2011.7，Coedit.
Achievement , patent and regulation
1. Simple 3D root photography device for hydroponic plants. CN201620651355.1, Second accomplisher.
2. Simple plant aeration seedling planting box. CN201620629894.5, Second accomplisher.
3. A device for germinating small seeds. Patent NO.: ZL201822121408.0, First accomplisher.
4. The utility model relates to a portable grain counting weight meter. Patent NO.: ZL201210020610.9, First accomplisher.
Honors and Awards
1. "New Talent in Shanxi Agriculture", Shanxi Agricultural University
2. Member of "Huang Danian style teacher team", Shanxi Agricultural University
3. Outstanding young talents under the "Sanjin Talents Support Program", Shanxi Province, 2018
4. Outstanding instructor of the 13th Xingjin Challenge Cup College Students Extracurricular Academic Excellent Science and Technology Works Competition, Shanxi Province
5. Sun zhaoxia (3/10); Mechanism of Characteristic Quality formation of Coarse Grain, Education Department of Shanxi Province, Shanxi Provincial Science and Technology Award for Outstanding Achievements of Higher Education (Natural Science Award), first prize, 2019(Hou Siyu; Zhang Bin; Sun Zhaoxia; Wang Xingchun; Han Yuanhuai; Li Hongying; Li ping; Duan Ming; Ma Fangfang; Zhang Yiru).
Address：Agronomy College, Shanxi Agricultural University, Taigu County, Jinzhong City, Shanxi Province
Email： firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com